Craft Room; {A Year in the Making!}

After almost a year it is finally done, my craft room is complete and open for business!
This is what the room looked like before …
Don’t you love the moving boxes and bare walls?  Just blah enough to get my creative juices flowing!  I decided I wanted to paint the walls a warm Pumpkin Spice color.  I was pretty stoked when Matt agreed to this color and helped me paint! Squeee!
After the walls were done I really wanted to try a faux wallpaper technique.
I was truly inspired by a blog post by Ainhoa at A Little Bit of Everything.  In this particular post she madeover an IKEA rug by painting a trellis pattern on the rug.  Since she was kind enough to include a link for her stencil, I knew that was what I was going to do, and when I woke up one Saturday morning and Matt had painstakingly created the trellis stencil for me I knew I had to do it!
So after many many many many hour (seriously this took forever) I am happy to reveal to you my
Craft Room with the trellis wall treatment!  If you would like to learn how to re-create this type of wall treatment head over HERE.
I know I am biased but I would have say this is the best craft room this side the Mason Dixon line
(that’s a Southernism for BEST CRAFT ROOM EVER!).
Antique sewing table, complete with hand painted one yard tape measure.
I was able to recycle a set of shelves from our old house.  The metal shelf was a craigslist find that I paid a whopping $ 1.00 for; a little spray paint and it was perfect.  The craft baskets were picked up on clearance at Walmart and hold my future project out where I can see them.
A great place to display some of my favorite pictures,

and items I hold close to my heart.
Storage for small items!
And the tiniest coolest miter saw I have ever seen or used.
Yet another Walmart clearance basket with the hardware from an old door I picked up at the
I haven’t decided exactly what I will be doing with these but I can promise I will do something!
I was given a floral chair so I added a white boxpleat slipcover and now I have a comfy place to brainstorm or even dare I say it … Relax!
This vintage cart, another Habitat find, is the perfect place to store my fabrics so they are visible.
And let’s not forget the awesome Desk that Matt painstakingly refinished for me!
Fabric bulletin board for my fabric swatches and other small projects.
And finally I attempted my first DIY chalk board.  This is the perfect place for my ToDo list!
Thanks for touring my craft room!
Check out the before and after …
Sadly I had to kick the pups out of the room during the photo shoot … they kept photo bombing me!

FEATURED AT:

Comments

Wow, love this room. That wall with the stencil really pops, where did you get the stencil? I was just over at Cutting Edge looking at a very similar one for my craft room….too funny. I wanted to let you know that I am passing down the Liebster award to you.

-Kristel

• says

How cool are you?!? Thank you so much! It is such a good feeling to know that I am on the right track with this blog! :)

-Side note I went ahead and linked up the word stencil with a direct link to 'A Little Bit of Everything's' post that has the stencil link on it!

-Jacque

This is so fun and fabulous I think just being in this room could inspire me to greatness! I love the color, it's such a happy color and I love that you accented the wall with the stencil. Genius! Absolutely a perfect 10!

Thanks again for the Leibster award, I'm so glad you found me!
    XOXO,
    Rachel

3. Linda Bagwell Berryhill says

Thanks for the tour, I love it!! I always knew you were talented and smart!!!!

Miss Linda

Ohhhh WOW! Seriously gorgeous colour you have on your walls. And that is a stencil??? Good Job indeed.
    Your craft room is so pretty, spacious and contemporary. loving your style. I believe you won a Leibster Award too? So did I this week — great isn't it? I've blog hopped on over from SwirlyGirl Dreams and Decor to say hi.
    Jennie. xx
    p.s I have a blog Linky Party tomorrow that you just my be interested in. For crafters and photographers. ;-)

• says

Thanks for the link party invite, can't wait to link up! Congrats on the award!!!!!!!

Yes it is a stencil and it took forever hahaha … good thing my husband is a stickler for taking the time to do things right the first time or this could have been a huge disaster! Hopefully Soon I will be posting the HOW to of this wall treatment!
      -Jacque

Wow! I had to check this out, because I have this thing for orange and white! LOVING your craft room! I'm inspired just by looking at it! Great job!

I've done a few orange crafts…. I need more orange….. where? I'm thinking…

Blessings,
    Lori

• says

I am still a little surprised that I went with Orange … being from a city where the University of Tennessee is located if you paint a room orange people think you are a huge football fan. Im so glad I stuck with my gut instincts on this one! What about an orange laundry room?
      -Jacque

Gorgeous and fun! Love those shelves!!! Your little dogs are so cute! I miss my Dalmatian. She was the best dog ever.

• says

Thanks Amanda – I still have a hard time believing it all came together so well! Our pups are basically our babies and I know what you mean Fenway is the most affectionate dog I have ever had!

So tasteful to just do the stencil on the one wall and I love the pops of blue throughout. I also need to see my supplies (or I forget what I have) so I love that you have pretty bins and shelves everywhere. I came over from DebbieDoo's newbie party.

8. Cyndie says

Love, love, love the pumpkin walls. I love orange and I’m having a hard time finding just the right shade. Can I ask what you used? Thanks